The Only All Mechanical Remote Reading Gauge
Remote Reading Gauge
Remote Reading Gauge Overview
What it is
Top mounted liquid level gauge that can remotely measure the level of storage tanks. Comes in any size from 14 inches to 144 inches. Can provide remote level indication up to 12 feet away from the tank. Purely mechanical construction, no power or batteries required.
Additional Options - Not Included
Internal Rods - Galvanized steel rods can be replaced with stainless steel rods. (Part Number add on -S1)
Gauge is custom made to fit your tank. Specify your tank dimensions when ordering.
Instructions for Operation
- In vertical tank, horizontal tanks, or round tanks, that are empty, or completely full. Just drop assembly into threaded tank opening and screw down threaded bushing. Be sure that the corner of hexagon bushing showing arrow points to center of long end of tank.Be sure bushing is properly seated in tank flange before tightening with wrench. If tank is partially full, completely fill tank, or completely empty tank before installing DU gauge.
- After gauge is installed in tank, locate the position for the outside reading indicator and wall bracket, then attach wall bracket with screws.
- Find location for hole for copper tubing and beaded chain. (Preferably in the sill between joists) drill or cut 5/8” diameter hole or 1” hole if gauge is to be side mounted. (Fig. 1)
- Measure length of tubing required making necessary bends. Bends should be uniform with not less than 5” radius.
- Thread stainless beaded chain through copper tube, start threading from gauge. Run beaded chain and tubing through hole up to wall bracket.
- Remove nut fastening housing (Fig. 3&4) together. Set housing in bracket, place spring in housing (Fig4). Next thread chain through spring and through red indicator tube. Having closed end ( with chain connector) toward outside of building. This tube should be set with line showing on the tube even with outside of housing (A Fig. 4) . This applies if tank is empty.
- Slide transparent plastic tube over red indicator tube and spring and press same to end of housing (Fig. 4) over transparent plastic tube. Check to see that reading is correct.
- If reading is incorrect re-adjust chain. Then cut off chain even with the end of the red indicator tube. Fasten chain connector. Fasten outside housing (Fig. 3) to inside housing (Fig. 4) with nut.